Talk about the best of both worlds: My newest listing in Sisters features a spacious home with a large shop, nestled in a parklike country setting that’s a stone’s throw from town. The 2,661-square-foot ranch-style home, built in 1986, has four bedrooms, two and a half baths, a large living room with vaulted ceiling and brick fireplace, plus a cozy family room with hickory floors, bay window and Vermont Castings cast-iron woodstove. The lushly landscaped yard includes an expansive wood deck in back, which overlooks a cascading water feature. There’s also a detached 24X30 shop on the property, which is wired for both 110v and 220v.
The home is located in Trapper Point, one of Sisters’ most popular established neighborhoods. People love Trapper Point for several reasons: For one, the setting is quite scenic. Set in the midst of towering Ponderosa pines, the parcels are all at least four acres, and the CCR’s allow for horses. The neighborhood’s proximity to downtown Sisters is also a real plus, as is the easy access to miles of trails located just beyond the neighborhood.
And here’s a closer look at some of the special features of the home:
• One-story 2,661-square-foot home built in 1986 has fireproof tile roof
• Open floor plan connects living room, dining area, eat-in kitchen and family room
• Sunken living room has vaulted ceiling, brick fireplace, built-in bookcases and new carpeting
• Dining area features vaulted ceiling, new carpeting, ceiling fan and sliding-glass door to back deck
• Updated kitchen has slab-granite counters, hickory floors, stainless appliances, center island, double sink and eat-in dining area
• Family room features hickory floors, Vermont Castings cast-iron woodstove, built-in bookshelves and bay window with window seat overlooking the back yard, plus access to back deck and hot tub. • Four bedrooms, including one that the current owner uses as an office (which is attached to a sunroom/workout room with access to back yard)
• Roomy master bedroom features new carpeting, large picture windows with filtered mountain views, and walk-in closet
• Master bath features double sinks, tile floor, radiant floor heat and extra-large walk-in tile shower
• Laundry room with hickory floors includes half-bath, countertop workspace, utility sink and lots of storage
• Oversize attached two-car finished garage includes built-in shelving and workbench
• Expansive back yard deck overlooks picturesque water feature and connects to hot tub
• New cover added to hot tub in 2011; hot tub was maintained monthly — has been drained & winterized
• 24×30 detached shop (wired for 220v & 110v) with built-in shelving and workbench plus attached RV garage.
• Equipment shed provides both indoor and outdoor storage
• Trane heat pump installed in 2004
• Whole-house humidifier
• Double-pane screened windows throughout the home
• Lush landscaping with eight-zone automated irrigation system
• 4.73-acre parcel; corners have been marked by surveyor
• Horse-friendly neighborhood with easy access to miles of trails
If you’d like to see the home for yourself, call or text me at 541-480-0987. Let’s schedule a showing!
About the Author
Lisa Broadwater, GRI, CDPE, is a Central Oregon-based real estate professional who specializes in listing and selling homes, especially in Sisters, Tumalo, Bend and Redmond.